Countdown to Kidneys Being Included.......

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bye Bye Baxter

The time has finally come that I will be getting rid of my home peritoneal dialysis machine. No,no I am not getting a transplant YET! I am getting a newer home dialysis machine made by the Frecenius company, the people I do my dialysis through. SO tonight is my last night with my Baxter machine. Crazy as it sounds, I might miss it. I have gotten use to this machine for 18 months and I know all of its quirks. It has kept me alive for so long. I am nervous the new machine won't run as smoothly but hopefully everything will go off without a hitch. I trust my nurses and doctor so I think it will all be okay. Just thought I would post some pictures of the machine that has sustained me all of these months. I am also posting my laundry/supply room. The picture with all of the cardboard boxes are my dialysis supplies for just 1 month! I get a delivery every month with this number of boxes. What you can't tell by the picture is that some of the rows are 2 rows deep. I am one high maintenance chick! But those who know me, knows that's nothing new:)



No comments:

Post a Comment