Countdown to Kidneys Being Included.......

Monday, February 7, 2011

Getting a Bit Ridiculous

So I have been on this new Frecenius machine for 2 weeks now. They have all been malfunctioning in one way or another. Machine #3 was delivered at the house today and Chris just began to set it up for tonight's treatment. And it wouldn't even come on! It has a touch screen that is not working, therefore I cannot do my dialysis tonight. So as you guessed, Frecenius machine #4 will be at my door tomorrow. Before I start bashing the hell out of this machine (that is supposedly so much better than Baxter machine)let me remind you all how much I LOVE my doctor, nurses and support staff at the Frecenius clinic. They have nothing to do with these ridiculous machines! Baxter is by far a better choice for home peritoneal patients. I had the same Baxter machine for 18 months without any problems! This is just complete craziness. I don't know what else to say about this. The only reason I had to switch from Baxter to Frecenius is money. And that makes me really sad. Frecenius thought they could make a machine comparable to the Baxter unit and so far 3/3 chances have failed miserably. Freceniud is making a killing, monetarily speaking, by making all of their patients be forced to switch from Baxter to Frecenius. I would give anything to be able to stay at my clinic and have Baxter again. But I must choose my battles wisely and at this point, my PD nurses are a greater assest to me. Maybe tomorrow when machine #4 arrives it will actually do its job. All of this chaos is making me really antsy and ready for this transplant to take place. This is just a temporary issue. Please God let the next Frecenius machine work!!! But thank yo Lord for the good PD nurses who are helping me though this difficult transition!
Luv you Sharon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment