Countdown to Kidneys Being Included.......

Thursday, July 14, 2011

3 Week Anniversary!

Wow 3 weeks already! It is flying by. I cannot believe this time 3 weeks ago, I had spent half the day in the OR and was beginning the recovery process. What a glorious day June 23rd was! And I think I have lived more in the last 3 weeks than I have in the last 3 years. I still am amazed at how much that tiny, bean shaped organ is responsible for. It is so essential to life. I have been working hard this week at raising my potassium and phosphorus levels. They have been low since the transplant. It is understandable though. For three years I couldn't have either one so now I am trying to build them back up in my body. So I am enjoying a variety of foods. I have my meds down to a science now. I take approx 15 in the morning and 9 at night. That's not bad at all! And that is all I have to worry about doing all day....well I pee a lot but that is a blessing! Every time I go, I thank God. When I sit back and reflect on the long journey that got me to this point it actually brings a smile to my face. Someone asked me if I could rewrite history, would I delete kidney failure from my story? Absolutely not! Don't get me wrong it was a long and hard three years, but I learned so much. And I look at life very differently now. It has changed every aspect of me. I have grown spiritually and developed a closer relationship with God. I don't know that all of that would have happened without the kidney failure. It made my family tighter and I gained a sister! Just far too many blessings to name so I would not change a thing about the last three years. God had a plan all along. So to my beautiful Lindsey, Happy 3 Week Anniversary! You have given me more in three weeks, than I could every have imagined!

No comments:

Post a Comment