Countdown to Kidneys Being Included.......

Friday, July 8, 2011

My Dream Team

It took a lot of people to make this transplant happen. There were people directly involved and then there were others who helped out with Madeline and my fur babies while we are gone. Thank you to The Fryes, The Sams, Matt and Kasey and my Mom and Dad for watching Madeline. Thank you to Marcia for keeping Georgia. Thank you to Matt and Kasey for keeping Greta. Thank you to Mom and Dad for keeping Gus and Gracie. Thank you to Candy for helping with the dogs when Mom and Dad came to Iowa. Thank you to Dr. Sara and Jonesboro Family Pet Hospital for keeping our Meow Meow, Claire!

Thank you does not even begin to show my appreciation for my transplant team in Iowa. Dr. Alan Reed is the Chief of Transplant and led my transplant surgery. Apparently a few things didn't go so smooth in the OR but with his talents and wisdom, he was able to make it a successful surgery. Nothing is textbook when it come to ahus, but he transplanted a beautiful and healthy kidney into my body. He is one of the nicest and most sincere people I have ever met and I am so blessed to have had him as my surgeon. In fact, he is probably the only person in the world I would trust to transplant me. He is so knowledgable about the ahus and I was truly blessed to have found him!

Dr. Christie Thomas is the ringleader of my transplant protocol. He has the most calming and compassionate personality of any doctor I have ever met. His knowledge of ahus is so comforting and I know at all times he has my best interest in mind. He visited me everyday in the hospital and even when I was hyped up on steriods and out of my mind, he was the only person who could console me and make me feel better. I trust him with my life. I am so blessed to have had such a brilliant doctor on my team.

All the nurses on the transplant floor were awesome. They were very compassionate, yet pushed me to try harder when I felt like I couldn't do anything. There were so many of them but they all took the best care of Lindsey and I and I couldn't have asked for a better hospital experience.....well, maybe not be so crazy when I first got on steriods. It was so funny. When I woke up from surgery, I had been give a 500 mg dose of steriods, which is alot! And I kept talking about my mom and saying she was trying to kill Tupac! Everyone got a kick out of that!!!!

There are so many behind the scenes peole who made this transplant happen. Some I don't even know. Trisha, my pre-transplant coordinator, Luann and Kim, most post transplant coordinators. The nurses on the infusion floor who gave me my Soliris, so many people worked to make this successful. And I am forever grateful to all of them! Especially Trisha, who has put up with me for almost two years of phone calls, worrying and questions!

And Last but not Least, my Lindsey! Without your generosity and truly miraculous gift, none of this would have happened. I still think about it daily and am amazed by your brvery and your kindness. People like you are a rarity and I am so blessed to know you. You have changed and saved my life. I feel reborn and can't wait to do good things with my life. I call you my angel and hero and yet that doesn't even begin to describe how wonderful you are. But you have stolen my heart in a way nobody else ever can. You literally laid your life on the line to save mine and I am forever grateful and humbled at your generosity. I hope someday I can change someones life for the better in the way you have changed mine. You are my hero, my angel here on earth! And I truly love you with all my kidney!!!!!

And God! He was in that OR and been by my side for the last 3 years. After hearing what went on in that OR, there is no doubt He was there and guiding my surgeons hands and decisions. He has been by my side through it all and I know He was the true leader of this endeavor. This whole thing is a miracle. We have all witnessed a miracle and the glorious works of our God.



No comments:

Post a Comment