Jill's Kidney Blog Follow by Email: Type in your email address below and click submit

Countdown to Kidneys Being Included.......

Monday, March 28, 2011

Christmas not quite here yet kids....

So today did not turn out as I had hoped it would. Of course, I know and have known from the beginning nothing happens fast in the world of transplant. But I felt like we were really close. And we are really close....just not quite there. Lindsey will be my donor that much we know, but when I will get the transplant is still up in the air. I was so excited to find out when this surgery will be and I guess waiting a little bit longer won't make that much difference in the grand scheme of things. We have to make sure everything is perfect with Lindsey before we can proceed....and I want the best for her. She is doing the ultimate for me! I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed to hear that I won't have my new kidney at the walk but I will be getting it shortly after the walk. Who knows? God has His own purpose for why things work out the way they do. This is definitely a case where my timeline and God's timeline didn't quite jive.....but He's the boss. So, I am trusting that He knows when it is best for transplant. I can think of a hundred good reasons for waiting till June....it's just really hard when you wanted something done yesterday. But the main thing is Lindsey is a perfect specimen of a human and I couldn't be blessed with a better donor. Just gotta be patient a little bit longer....about 70 more days.....and Yes, I will be counting down!

1 comment:

  1. Keeping you in my thoughts, I know its a roller coaster. It continues as such. I know what your going through, I promise.
    Lindsay Ainsworth

    ReplyDelete