Countdown to Kidneys Being Included.......

Monday, March 28, 2011

Christmas not quite here yet kids....

So today did not turn out as I had hoped it would. Of course, I know and have known from the beginning nothing happens fast in the world of transplant. But I felt like we were really close. And we are really close....just not quite there. Lindsey will be my donor that much we know, but when I will get the transplant is still up in the air. I was so excited to find out when this surgery will be and I guess waiting a little bit longer won't make that much difference in the grand scheme of things. We have to make sure everything is perfect with Lindsey before we can proceed....and I want the best for her. She is doing the ultimate for me! I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed to hear that I won't have my new kidney at the walk but I will be getting it shortly after the walk. Who knows? God has His own purpose for why things work out the way they do. This is definitely a case where my timeline and God's timeline didn't quite jive.....but He's the boss. So, I am trusting that He knows when it is best for transplant. I can think of a hundred good reasons for waiting till June....it's just really hard when you wanted something done yesterday. But the main thing is Lindsey is a perfect specimen of a human and I couldn't be blessed with a better donor. Just gotta be patient a little bit longer....about 70 more days.....and Yes, I will be counting down!

1 comment:

  1. Keeping you in my thoughts, I know its a roller coaster. It continues as such. I know what your going through, I promise.
    Lindsay Ainsworth

    ReplyDelete