Countdown to Kidneys Being Included.......

Monday, March 28, 2011

Refocus

Okay, since I have put alot of time and energy into campaigning for the walk and now the transplant is delayed...I guess I will kick fundraising for the National Kidney Foundation into high gear. I must do something constructive to occupy my time while I wait for the BIG day to arrive. Fundraising is not an easy thing to do, especially right now when times are tough for many people. So if any of the readers of this blog have any ideas to help with fundraising, I welcome your ideas. I have a few things going. Beauti Control consultant Gari Flowers will be holding spas and the proceeds go to the National Kidney Foundation. SO that is one way to help, contact her on facebook to book a spa. Also you can post the information on your personal facebook wall and ask your friends for a $10.00 donation. A $25.00 donation guarantees a NKF t shirt. I really do hate having to bug people about donating but the kidney foundation definitely needs the money. 26 million Americans suffer from a chronic kidney disease. That breaks down to 1 in 9 people! That's a lot of non functioning kidneys out there! And trust me, you don't want to join the kidney failure club! So the National Kidney Foundation aids in prevention and holds screenings and patient education. They also do a great deal of research. SO every dollar you donate, will be put to good use.

Also, a nice man name Keith mentioned in church Sunday how easy it is to be an organ donor. You can check either yes or no the next time you renew your license. Be sure though, to tell your loved ones your wishes if you do choose to be an organ donor. One person can save so many lives. They can donate 2 kidneys, 2 lungs, liver, heart, corneas, tissue, skin, bone marrow and I am sure there are more that I can't think of right now. A living person can donate blood, plasma, platelets, bone marrow and 1 of their kidneys and part of their liver. The world of organ donation is very interesting to me.....but I have an invested interest in the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment