Countdown to Kidneys Being Included.......

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Are you really a nurse?

There are so many good nurses out in the world but all it takes is one bad nurse to leave a bad taste in your mouth. There was one at my outpatient hemo clinic. This nurse was hateful, loud and really rough with patients. I only had her a handful of times, but my few encounters were horrible. How clueless do you have to be to forget to put on gloves and a mask before you work on someones permacath? I also witnessed her not changing gloves between patients. My main nurse cleaned my permacath at every visit, but this one nurse didn't clean it at all. I also had to be wheeled out in a wheelchair to the car after hemo. After hemo I had no energy. She got me a wheelchair but expected me to wheel myself out! If I had that much energy, I would have walked out! I believe infection control is very important with a permacath in your neck and I did not take this lightly. I requested that she never touch me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment