Countdown to Kidneys Being Included.......

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Trying to work.... a little

In May of 2009, I decided I would try to work a little and see a few of my kiddos. I missed my workplace very bad. I missed the kids, their families, my coworkers, my office, the smell of the clinic....just everything about the place I work makes me happy. So, since I am now disabled because of the ESRD, I can only work 4 hours a week!!!!! That was so ridiculous sounding but in all actuality, I couldn't even do the 4 hours my first week back. I was very weak still and puked at work. Very embarrassing! Turns out, my blood pressure spiked that day and I ended up in the ER here at the local hospital. I was a bit more compliant with them this time starting an IV and all and I only had to stay 24 hours. Needless to say, I wasn't able to return back to work for a few weeks. Some people say they have good bosses. My boss is a saint! She has been so flexible and understanding with me through out the entire journey and continues to be today. I wish everyone who works could be so blessed with a boss like mine. I don't know what I would do without her or my job!

No comments:

Post a Comment