Countdown to Kidneys Being Included.......

Friday, March 5, 2010

Barnes Jewish Hospital is Awesome!!!!!!

I cannot stress this enough! This hospital saved my life. And as the story goes on, they will save it again. I just want to say that the stories I tell are from my perspective and how I remember them. Susie, Chris and my Mom might have more details, remember more lab values but you have to understand at this point, very early on in the story, I didn't know what was going on and really parts of me didn't care. I was too sick. I was so sick I was oblivious to how sick I was. I think that was a blessing from God. So, a lot of really painful memories are gone or blocked. I don't know which. And as I tell my story over the course of 2009 to the present, there will be some bad doctors and/or hospitals. But I want it to be VERY clear that Barnes Jewish Hospital in STL is awesome, has brilliant doctors and nurses and Barnes saved my life. There is one phrase that I will repeat throughout my story and it is pretty much the only thing I would say to doctors at Barnes.....all 50+ of them! I would tell them, "I don't care what you have to do to me or what I have to do, but I have a 3 year old at home and please just get me back to her." And they said they would and they did. I love Barnes! So if you get nothing from my story, remember what my aunt remembered so many years ago, if you ever have a really sick person, GET THEM TO BARNES!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you came to see me at Barnes!!!! You and your family are simply AMAZING!!! Glad we could help you get back to that amazing little girl of yours

    Love your fave nurse---Amanda

    ReplyDelete