Countdown to Kidneys Being Included.......

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

People talk

Nothing is confidential. You think what happens to you in the medical setting will stay between you and the doctor, but that isn't always true in a small town. In February, my nephrologist was overheard at a party talking about me and my case. He was telling a friend, "I don't know what to do with her! If I have to, I will just send her back to St. Louis." Now, I am glad he is agreeable to send me to STL because that is where I would want to be if I was sick, but what kind of confidence can you possibly have, when your doctor says things like that? Not to mention, he violated HIPPA and patient privacy. I was so mad at him when I heard this. I didn't confront him about it until months later but this made an already bad relationship worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment