Countdown to Kidneys Being Included.......

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Similar stories

I spoke early on in the blog about a girl I met who has the same exact disease (HUS) as me. We got sick one week apart. Her dad created a very informative blog during the early stages of her illness. So out of the 300 known cases of HUS, now you know 2! She is the bravest girl I know and has really helped me through my difficult periods. You can gain more insight to HUS by reading her blog. You can find the link on the bottom right side of my page!
Love you Lys!!!

4 comments:

  1. Jill, I remember you saying in one of your blogs that you cannot take baths or go swimming b/c of your PD. I was reading Alyssa's blog and it said she COULD go swimming in a chlorinated pool. I was just wondering if there is a difference in your treatments? Are there different types of PD? Just curious...

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,
    Different clinics have different rules about what you can or cannot do. My old clinic was against swimming or baths so I tend to be very cautious. I am going to ask my new clinic their opioion on the subject. I would really love to go swimming this summer! Thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found out I CAN go swimming this summer in a private, clorinated pool or te ocean! YAY!!! My new clinic says it will be okay to go swimming, just not in a lake or river and still no baths. I will get to teach my sweet girl to swim afterall!!! So, I think I hear pool party at moms house this summer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! I'm glad you can go swimming! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't get in the pool all summer long!

    ReplyDelete