Countdown to Kidneys Being Included.......

Friday, March 5, 2010

Intro

Greetings! Welcome to Kidneys NOT included. Don't you hate it when you buy a toy or something brand new and you are all excited to get it out of its packaging only to find out that it won't work because Batteries are NOT included! Well, that sucks. But what sucks even more is when that brand new item is your 28 year old body and the batteries are your kidneys. That's my life. I am navigating the world, its joys and sorrows, life as a mother, wife, friend, occupational therapist and child of God, all without kidneys. And although it sounds like I am complaining, really I am rejoicing. Rejoicing in the fact, that I can live a normal life without 2 very vital organs. This blog is going to be my site for kidney information, dialysis experiences, doctors experiences, hospital stays, information on the rare blood disorder that caused the kidney failure and anything related. I have many stories to share about this journey so far and I am certain there are many more stories to come. So, if you are interested in dialysis, kidneys, rare blood diseases, advocacy for better health care and all the ups and downs included, then you will find this blog interesting. Because I can promise one thing, odds are you have never met a kidney patient like me. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment