Countdown to Kidneys Being Included.......

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Health Dept Update

It appears that the Arkansas State Dept of Health has decided to follow the new guidelines and recommendations of the CDC and "allow" me to get my second meningitis shot for my pre transplant work up. I am so appalled at the BS I have to go through just to get everyday things like a vaccination. It's a joke. This whole Health Dept thing is a joke. I hate to sound so negative but I am tired of the battles over petty things. And I am not the only one. There are other chronically ill folks out there fighting these same ridiculous battles on their own. I am thankful God gave me a voice and a backbone to stand up for myself and get things done. It is just ridiculous with some of the people I have to deal with. I do not appreciate underpaid and uneducated non professionals at a health dept telling me I cannot get a shot when I know the facts. After two and a half years I am fed up with the crap. I'm gonna change it...one battle at a time. And once I get my kidney I will continue to advocate for others who need a voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment