Countdown to Kidneys Being Included.......

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Seven Pounds

2 corneas, liver, 2 lungs, heart, bone marrow, blood, plasma, skin and of course 2 kidneys. That's what we are capable of donating. Some while we are still living and the rest when we pass. I saw this movie when it came out in 2008. And it was very powerful and moving then. Little did I know that later that same year in December, that movie would have even more significance in my life. I watched it last night for the second time and it totally takes on a whole new meaning. It is very hard to watch without shedding many tears. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, so if you have not seen this movie, SEE IT! I don't even know what to say about it right now because I am still crying and pretty numb. All I can think about is Lindsey. How do people like Lindsey and Will Smith's character become the people they become? How do they make the decisions they make? If it's not God then I don't know what it is. It is amazing to me. People like Lindsey. They are saints. They are the people who walk into your lives and forever change it. They impact your life so dramatically that you question, why me? Why am I so lucky to know Lindsey? I am just one of 26 million people affected by kidney disease. So, how come I got chosen by God to get to know Lindsey and be blessed by her gift? A gift I am so grateful for. But how does God or the universe decide who gets a second chance? I am a sinner, we all are, right? But I get a second chance that so many will never get. So what do I do with that? I will tell you what I will do with that. I will honor my God who has graciously allowed me, a sinner, the privilege of knowing Lindsey Rouse. I will live my life so that the world knows He is my savior and redeemer. And I will thank God every single day of my life for the Lindsey Rouses of the world. Because without the Lindseys, the Jills don't get a second chance. Without the Lindseys, the Madelines have to grow up without mommies. But Lindsey with one decision changes mine and my family’s entire future.

I know this isn't my usual post but that movie hits home hard. And makes you look at donors in a whole different perspective. Thank you God on this Easter morning for the Lindseys of the world. Because of the Lindseys, my world goes on........

No comments:

Post a Comment