Countdown to Kidneys Being Included.......

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lots of Little Updates

A lot has happened in the past week. Lindsey was able to find out a tentative date to schedule the surgery and it is on June 23rd....if nothing gets in the way. Hopefully both Dr. Stewart (her surgeon) and Dr. Reed (my surgeon) will both be okay with that date. SO very much excited about that.

Found out this week at PD clinic that my hemoglobin is up from 7 to 13....which means it's way too high and my blood is as thick as ketchup. SO, we are holding on my weekly epo shot. So no shots for a bit!!! YAY

Had a scare yesterday with my left forearm! I have been sick all week and Friday was feeling better so Madeline played hookie from school and I took her to the movies. While there, I indulged in some yummy popcorn and very salty but oh so good pickle. Came home and this weird bump popped up under the surface of my skin. It looked and felt like a blood clot. So I made a mad dash to my doctors office who thought it looked pretty suspicious too and sent me to the hospital to have an ultrasound performed on it. Good news is there is no deep vein thrombosis (clot) but it may have been a superficial clot.....which they say is not life threatening. Anyway, they gave me a baby aspirin to be cautious. Oh how i look forward to the days that I can take my child to do something as normal as go to the movies and not have it end in the hospital! Soon, very soon.

And today, I began my "try to get in shape before the surgery" exercise. I was able to walk 1/2 mile and I think that is pretty good for someone who has been in the hospital twice in 7 days and been puking her guts up ALL week. Maybe tomorrow I will do a mile!

Thanks for all of the prayer this past week. Hopefully things are looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment